Psychotherapy focuses on creating a positive vision, rewriting one's "Story" and developing skills required to achieve goals. Approaches and modalities offered include: Psychoeducation, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Addiction Recovery modalities, Positive Psychology, Hypnosis, EMDR, Attachment & Systems Theories, and Relationship Therapies.
A holistic approach is used in an effort to enhance mind-body awareness, overall health, build stronger more intimate relationships, improve communication and family dynamics and achieve career goals. Therapy and consultation focus on increasing awareness of thoughts, feelings, behaviors, physiological responses and relationship dynamics. Insight into emotional, cognitive, social and biological forces that shape human development and behaviors are explored. With sensitivity, compasion and humor, Dr. von Middendorf will asist you in developing the skills to live the life you envision.
Areas of specialization are:
- Mood Disorders: Depression and Bipolar Disorder
- Anxiety, Panic Disorder, Social Anxiety
- Relationship and Marital Therapy
- Dating and Relationship Coaching
- Executive Coaching and Professional Development
- Addiction Recovery and Sobriety support
- Stress Management-Work-Life Balance
- Family Relationship issues
- Recovery from Abuse & Sexual Abuse
- Trauma (PTSD) and Attatchment Related Disorders
- Women's Risk Awareness/Self Protection
- EMDR (Trauma Therapy)
- Expatriate and Cross Cultural Issues, including Indian ABC and Desi cultural issues
I offer a professional, comfortable and supportive atmosphere, where my clients can achieve the personal growth they’re striving for.